Export repeat groups
- Set the "Data Source" to be the path of your repeat group e.g. "form.form.question_group.repeat_group[*]"
- Reference the questions directly i.e. instead of "form.question_goup.repeat_group.question1" you should use "question1"
- Reference root properties of the form with: $
- Reference the id of the repeat group with: id
Export a case or form in JSON representation
- Set the "Data Source" to "form" or "case", depending on what is supposed to be extracted.
- Set the "Source Field" to "[*]"
Something important to note, in this query file we are not applying any filters and considering that the "Data Source" is generic this would include all forms or cases regardless of their type.
Export one row for each case that was altered by a form
- Use "form[*].form..case" as the data source.
- reference case properties directly e.g. @case_id
- reference root properties of the form with '$' e.g. $.domain, $.form.@name
Determine if a case was created, update or closed by a form
- Use the technique above to export one row for each case in the form
- Reference the 'create', 'update' and 'close' fields in the case and map them via the 'bool' mapping
This will produce a 'True' or 'False' value in the output.
Determine if a form was submitted form a mobile phone or via some other means (API, bulk upload, Cloucare etc)
- Reference the 'is_phone_submission' property of the form
Convert output values based on a mapping
Available in version 0.12.5 and above.
In some instances you may want to convert an output value to something else by doing a 'lookup'. For example:
|Convert this output||To this output|
To do this we need to add a 'Mappings' sheet to our configuration file which contains the lookups for the fields we want to convert.
Here is our configuration sheet:
And here we've added a new sheet called "Mappings" which contains 3 columns:
- Mapping Name - this must match the name of a "Field" in the main configuration sheet
- Source - this is the value that you want to convert from
- Destination - this is the value that you want to convert to
Here is the Mapping sheet from our example: