This feature (Excel Importer) will only be available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
The Excel Importer is a tool for creating or updating cases in bulk. This tutorial will guide you through the process of using the tool. This is an advanced feature, so please read the instructions carefully.
|When is the Excel Importer useful for me?|
- You want to create 200 cases using data you collected through a non-CommCare program.
- You want to add some information to some or all of the cases already registered (ex. a household number for all households)
- You are running a clinical study and want to organize your cases into different study groups
- You want to setup some cases for practice/training demos or testing
This tool will let you either create new cases, or update existing cases. (Its possible to both at the same time, but that is more advanced).
- Creating New Cases
- Updating Existing Cases
Other Advanced Techniques
- Import Child/Parent Relationships
- Closing Cases
- Mapping data from multiple rows to a single case
- Tips for migrating case data between applications or projects
- Case Importer with Easy References
- Undo-ing incorrect or accidental case imports