If you encounter a bug or problem you can't fix, here are the places you turn for help:
First check to see if there is information on the help site that can help you solve the problem.
If you are unable to find an answer on the help site and you have a service contract with Dimagi, please contact your designated Dimagi representative.
If he or she is not available and the issue is urgent, please send a bug report to Dimagi by navigating to your project on CommCareHQ and using the "Report an Issue" button at the bottom of any page. Doing so will provide us links to your project space so that we can assist more quickly.
If your issue is specific to a page on CommCareHQ, please try to report the issue from that page. This will provide us a direct link to the location where you are experiencing the issue so that we can better assist you.
If you are unable to find an answer on the help site and you do not have a service contract with Dimagi, please submit a bug report by navigating to your project on CommCareHQ and using the "Report an Issue" button at the bottom of any page.
- If your issue is specific to a page on CommCareHQ, please try to report the issue from that page. This will provide us a direct link to the location where you are experiencing the issue so that we can better assist you.
Using "Report an Issue"
- To report an issue, proceed to your project space at https://www.commcarehq.org/a/<domain>, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Report an Issue" located in the black banner.
- If your issue is related to CommCareHQ (as opposed to CommCareODK - the mobile application), please perform this step on the page where you are experiencing the issue.
- Upon clicking the “Report an Issue” button, a new window will appear with several fields. Please use the following information as a guide about what should go in these fields:
1) Short description:
2) Full Description:
3) Other Recipients (Optional):
4) Upload File:
After you click on "submit" you will get an email with ticket number. If you want to add any additional detail, reply to that email without changing the subject line.
Submitting Bugs via Email
If you do not have access to CommCareHQ, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org using the same template as the one above.
Issue Reporting on CommCare Mobile
You can report any issue to create a FogBugz support ticket from a mobile device using the CommCare menu item "Report Problem" from the "Start" screen of CommCare ODK. This takes you to a form that asks you for your comment, which is added as the "Message:" field at the bottom of the email. Please try to make the message as meaningful and relevant to your error as possible. The rest of the fields, though editable, will be auto-populated. The full list of fields is as follows:
- CCODK version:
- Device Model:
- Android Version:
Reporting Force Closes on CommCare Mobile
If you encounter an error while using CommCare on a mobile device, you may see an error message that says "Report" and forces CommCare to close. Please do the following:
If prompted, click on “report” to submit the error.
In the field where you can describe your issue, please provide either the mobile worker name, the application name, or an easily identifiable comment.
These errors do not get submitted directly to the Support team. We have to find these in the logs and having an easily identifiable message allows us to do so more easily.
Using one of the previously described templates, please report an issue to email@example.com describing the force close and make note of the message you entered in step 2.
- If you do not perform step 3, there is no guarantee we will look into the issue as we do not actively check the force close logs.
Examples of Good Bug Reports
Examples of bug reports can be seen here: Examples of Good Bug Reports