If you encounter a bug or problem you can't fix, here are the places you turn for help:
- First check to see if there is information on the help site that can help you solve the problem.
- If that does not help, and if you have a service contract with Dimagi, please contact your designated representative reporting the issue.
- If he or she is not available and the issue is urgent, please send a bug report to Dimagi by navigating to your project on CommCareHQ and using the "Report an Issue" button at the bottom of any page. It is better to report the issue from CommCareHQ because unlike an email, it provides us with direct links to your project so that Dimagi staff can troubleshoot the issue.
Using "Report an Issue"
- Use a meaningful title (for example, "Form fails to submit", as opposed to "Bug in form")
- In the body, include this information filled out:
After you click on "submit" you will get an email with ticket number. If you want to add any additional detail, reply to that email without changing the subject line.
Submitting Bugs via Email
If you do not have access to CommCareHQ, you can also follow the template above and send your bug report directly to the following addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - For bugs found in CommCare HQ
- email@example.com - For bugs found in CommCare Mobile
Bugs on CommCare Mobile
If you encounter an error while using CommCare on a mobile device, you may see an error message that says "Report" and forces CommCare to close. Please do the following:
- If prompted, click on "report" and then describe the problem, along with some details like the name of your project or your name. Click on "submit."
- When you have computer access, use the "report an issue" button to further describe the problem you encountered, and describe what you wrote on the phone when you clicked on "report." This will help us to find the right information from the Android store and will allow us to correspond with you via email.