Training is a critical piece of any CommCare project, and requires careful planning. In this section you will find lots of resources to get you started. To get ready for training you will need to think about:
- Training schedule- how many days do you need and what do you aim to cover during those days? will you focus solely on CommCare or cover health/domain content as well?
- Training materials and content - do you need a training manual? what about a user guide for your application?
- Training strategies- there are a lot of useful tips and tricks that can make your training more effective
Below you will find resources for each of these topics. You will notice that materials are generally separated for J2ME/Java/Nokia-style features phones and CommCareODK/Android/Smartphone. This is because training on these two platforms is quite different.
- Example Training Schedules - sample training schedules from CommCare projects for Java and Android deployments
Training Materials and Content
- Training Manuals and Guides
- Mobile User Survey Templates - surveys that you can use to assess the abilities of your mobile users
- Pre-training Checklist
- Mobile and CommCare Handouts