Popular Help Content
- Form Bulk Translation - how to translate an entire form efficiently
- Local Language Support and Fonts - advice on fonts
- User Interface Translations - detailed instructions on how to change the language of the buttons and navigation elements of CommCare
- Application Profiles
To build an application that supports multiple languages
- Navigate again to the "Languages" part of the Application settings
- Click on Languages again. Here, you will see the different languages associated with your application.
- If you see multiple languages, and want to change the default, you can drag the language preferred to the top. The box around the language indicates the default language.
- Save changes. Note: to have the new default language show up in your mobile application, you will need to install the mobile application for the first time with the default language. Therefore if you're changing default languages, you will need to uninstall your app and then reinstall the application with the new default language in order to have the application reference the new default in HQ.
- Go the Release Manager and make a new build. The forms and modules in the application will default to the language that is listed at the top in the 'Supported Languages' box.
- You can also choose to not deploy a language (for example, if you're using english for development and testing, but not in the field), by un-checking the 'Deploy' checkbox. This will save space on the phone.