Popular Help Content
Minimize data errors and duplicate case entries by setting up Register From Case List in your CommCare application.
|Table of Contents|
This feature is intended to make registration forms directly accessible from a case list. Without this feature, if you want to verify that a case was not previously registered you have to look in the case list first, and if you don't find it, leave and navigate to the appropriate registration form.
With this feature turned on a mobile worker will be presented with an option to jump directly to the registration form if they can't find the case in the case list.
View the intro video for Minimizing Duplicates
Appearance on CommCare Mobile
When turned on, a link to your selected registration form will always appear in the case list:
Even if you enter a search term, the option to jump directly to registration will show up at the bottom of the case list:
Configuration on CommCareHQ
Firstly, navigate to your application's settings menu. Under Addons >> Mobile Experience, make sure that "Register from Case List" is selected.
The label is what will show up on the mobile as the option to jump to the registration form.
- The minimize duplicates setting cannot be used for menus that have any of the following:
- Parent/Child Case Selection turned on.
- Menu Mode is configured as "Display menu and then forms"
- Minimize duplicates only works on CommCareODK for Android, and only on CommCareODK version 2.20 or higher
- Minimize duplicates will override end of form navigation setup for that form. I.e after submitting the registration form from the case list, it will auto direct to you whichever menu you started from to search for the case.