Popular Help Content
- In Excel, Create a New File. Call it "Reports.xlsx"
- You will have a blank Excel file now.
- Now we will pull in the data from the csv file
- Choose the Data menu
- Choose From Web in the "Get External Data" options in the top left
- Paste the URL that you copied in Step 1. Then click Go.
- It might open a popup asking a username and password. Enter you CommCareHQ username and password.
- You would see some data in the window. In the top left of the data, notice a small yellow box with a forward arrow (there might be a couple of them).
- Click on the yellow box, just above the data. This would select the data to be imported, and the box would turn into a green checkbox.
- Click on 'Import'. It's important to click on the yellow box with arrow, before clicking on Import, otherwise things will not work properly.
- Choose New Worksheet in the next window the click "Properties..."
- In the Properties window
- Check the box for Refresh data when opening the file
- Check the box for Refresh every 60 minutes
- This will pull the latest data from CommCareHQ every time you open the file, or after 60 mins.
- Click OK
- Rename the tab "Raw Data"
- You now have the data in your reports file and it will automatically update each time you open the file or after 60 mins.