Popular Help Content
If you have admin access on your CommCareHQ domain, you can transfer/re-assign cases that are registered on one Mobile Workers case list to another Mobile Worker through the Data tab.
- Click on Data on the top header of CommCareHQ.
- Click on "Reassign Cases"
- Select the case that you would like to re-assign to another mobile worker. To find the case, you may open other filter options and search by Mobile Worker or Group. Filtering by date will display any case that was modified within the time range you have specified.
- Tick the checkbox of the case you would like to re-assign.
- An options menu will open above the filtered case list where you can choose to re-assign to a particular user or a group. Select the Mobile Worker to whom you 'd would like to re-assign the select case.
- Click re-assign.
Use cases:You will see the following messages when a case has been successfully reassigned (a blue updated tag in the owner column, and an orange Out of range of filter message for date Last Modified):
- A Mobile Worker has been replaced or removed from the project and the new Mobile Worker requires the existing case list.
- A case has migrated from one catchment area to another and therefore needs to be monitored by another Mobile Worker in your project.
- Multiple users are sharing case lists in a group (i.e. if you have case-sharing enabled for your project).
- You have re-organized usernames and would like to protect case lists.
- A worker has accidentally registered cases under another Mobile Worker's log-in, or has registered cases in demo mode (note that you cannot easily distinguish among owners of demo cases, so carefully check that you are transferring the correct demo case)
When you move cases to a new user, you are ONLY moving the "case"– not the individual form submissions. It is strongly recommended that you NOT delete any "old" users if you want to be able to do any sort of data analysis. Individual form submissions will always remain linked to the user that submitted them–even if that user is no longer active. If you want to hide an old user's data you can "deactivate" the worker under the "settings & users" section of CommCareHQ.