Popular Help Content
This list encompasses aspects of usability as well as quality assurance.
- Does the application structure complement the workflow of the mobile userIs order of forms/modules logical?
- Is the ability to update/edit/close cases appropriately accessible?
- Is the order or the forms and modules logical?
- Is the application named something useful and/or what the partner wants?
- Are the "project settings" under "settings and users" up-to-date?it clear how to register, update, close cases?
- Name: Is application name descriptive and understandable?
- Timezone: Is the project's timezone correct?
- (Java/J2ME) Are you using the most recent Project using latest stable version of CommCareJava/J2ME?
- Are the Application Settings correct (or have you thought through all of these)?
- Sense Mode <- recommended Sense Mode on
- Chatterbox/One Question Per Screen <- recommended One Question Per Screen
- Sense Sync Mode
- Auto Sync
- Media Validation
- Scroll/Numeric Selection
- Is the final build/version of your application "starred" under deploy?
- Did you test your app on a phone? CloudCare doesn't catch everything!
- Do you need to develop a test plan?
- and Auto-Sync <- recommend that sync-mode is set to Two-Way and Auto-Sync is set to weekly.
- Final/testing build of application starred in HQ
Form Design and Logic
- Are question Correct questions marked as required in an appropriate way?If necessary, has the
- Reduced use of text input questions been minimized?
- Have you introduced validation conditions where useful?
- Have you included validation messages?
- Do your display conditions work an anticipated?
- Are your calculations/hidden values producing outputs as anticipated.?
- Are your forms linking correctly (i.e. are your case properties loading like you think they should be)?
- Are cases being created/updated/closed as you think they should be?
- If there are multiple languages, is all display text translated? (you can use bulk translation to easily verify this)
- If you want short display text, is it consistently implemented?
- Are UI translations done and working?
- (Java) If you are using numeric selection have you added 1/2/3/etc before choices?
- Are all your validation messages translated?
- Are your module/form names translated?
- Have you verified in case configuration screen of each module that all case properties in list/detail are translated, including ID mapping?
- Is case management being used appropriately, at a high level?
- Are your case lists sorting in the right way?
- Are any case list filters working?
- Have you named your case types something useful?
- Is the content of the case list and case detail screens useful to the end user?
- Are your (use select options where possible)
- Validation conditions where needed
- Validation messages for any validation conditions
- Appropriate questions have display logic (i.e. questions not asked at wrong time)
- Multiple Languages: Is all display text and validation messages translated in all forms? (Use bulk translations to check)
- UI Translations: Are there UI translations for each language?
- Are your module/form names translated?
- Is the Case List/Detail translated (including ID Mapping)?
- Case lists sorted correctly
- Case list and detail showing valuable/useful information?
- Case types named clearly (ideally lower case names)
- Are images the right size? (HINT: you must test this on the phone type you are going to use)
- Do you have/want icon images?
- Have you verified that you are not missing multimedia? Check the Multimedia manager
- Have you listened to the Icon images in the form/module list (if appropriate)
- Missing multimedia? Should be verified when starting application the first time.
- If audio, listen to complete audio set to make sure it good quality verify it is correct and matches the messages what is on the screen?.
- Is there enough lag time before an audio clip starts (i.e. enough time for the user to hold the phone to their ear, if necessary)?
- Are there key indicators the organization is interested? If so, is the application configured to capture that data accurately?
- Are the questions and item values named accord to the data needs?
- Have you tried looking at the data to confirm that hidden values and calculations are working as anticipated?