This feature requires a CommCare Software Plan
This feature (Organizations) will only be available to CommCare users with a Advanced Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
"Organizations" is a CommCare feature that let you represent the real-world structure of your project and enable CommCareHQ to be smarter about how features, such as case sharing, work. You can create an Organization Structure that represent geographic or organizational elements in your project. For example, you may create a hierarchy of regions, clinics and attached CHWs for your project. Each element in your structure is a Location.
Note: In order to use this feature, you must have Case Sharing enabled in your app. For more information, please see this page.
Once you've defined a hierarchy, it can be used to simplify managing the project:
- Case Sharing can be configured so that cases are assigned to a location. Then higher levels can see cases of lower levels (ex. Mobile workers at a clinic can see the CHWs' cases)
- Lookup Tables can be assigned to a location allowing all mobile workers at that unit and below it to see that lookup table's data
- Your organization structure can be displayed inside your forms (ex. Allowing users to choose the village for a given beneficiary from a list).
In the future, "Organizations" will also enable reporting and data exports (allowing you to download data or a view a report for users at and below a particular organization unit).
- Setting up Organization Levels and Structure
- Assigning Mobile Workers to a Location
- Case Sharing using Organizations
- Location-Based Data Access and User Editing Restrictions
- Adding Custom Location Fields
- Viewing Data Assigned to Locations
- Reassign Cases to a Location
- Assigning Cases to Locations When Using the Excel Importer
- Assigning Lookup Table Rows to a Location
- Exact Search for Locations