The Manage Deployment reports can be used by advanced users to monitor the status of their users and troubleshoot advanced technical problems. Each report is described below:
Purpose: This report shows the last recorded activity of each user, and the last application name and version against which they submitted a form; very useful for making sure that all users are working from the same application version.
Use the filters at the top of the page to select a specific application or to view data across all applications. The generated report will list all mobile workers and show the following information about each one:
- Last Submission - the time elapsed since the last form submission to CommCareHQ
- Last Sync - the time elapsed since the mobile worker last got data back from the CommCareHQ server (for example: fixture updates, case sharing cases, groups, etc.). This could be an automatic sync or done manually by pressing the 'Sync with Server' button on CommCare for the Android home screen.
- Application name and version (Released Version) - the application name and version as indicated by the metadata from the user's last form submission.
- CommCare Version - the CommCare version as indicated by the metadata from the user's last form submission.
Note: If a mobile worker has updated to a new application version but has not submitted any forms from that version AND has not synced with the server, then the old application version will be displayed in this report.
However, each time a user syncs, the application status report is updated with last sync time, and if that is more recent than the last form submission, the application version information is taken from the last sync.
The last sync entry is useful whenever you need to check when the last two-way sync happened. In apps that have case-sharing or Look-up tables, data is downloaded from the server during the sync. This can also happen when a new case is assigned to the user on HQ, either via case importer or reassign cases.
Aggregate User Status
Purpose: Gives a high-level overview of each user's most recent interaction with each application in your project space. Data provided includes:
- Last Submission
- Last Sync
- Application - Name of the application this data is reported from.
- Application Version - Version of the Application from CommCare HQ currently loaded into CommCare
- CommCare Version - Version of the CommCare app from the Play Store downloaded onto the user's device
Raw Forms, Errors & Duplicates
Purpose: Lets you view all of the submissions to your project space, even if those submissions weren't successfully processed, were duplicates, or were forms we hide from the submission log (like user registrations and device reports). If something funny is going on with submissions, or you want to inspect data at a more fine grained level, this is one place to look for clues.
Use the filters to choose which kinds of forms to view - duplicates, errors, normal forms, overwritten forms, etc.
If you are importing existing data by sending in fake forms, this is a good place to check that CommCareHQ is receiving them as normal forms.
Device Log Details
Purpose: With this report you can easily view all the device logs, by type and by logged in username, submitted over a selected period of time. This report serves as a more general troubleshooting tool when errors and warnings are not the only logs you are looking for.
- Once this report loads, you will see the following information from left to right:
- Date of when the warning or error occurred
- Log type
- Device ID
- Error message - *This message will assist the app builder or Dimagi field team to support you in resolving the issue.
- Displayed permissions message (orange): This means the application permission settings have been re-set on the phone.