This page will walk you through the steps of integrating Dimagi's area mapping application with your CommCare ODK app.
- On your Android device, download the Area Calculator application from the Google Play Store
- In the Form Builder, add a Android App Callout type question
- Then, under the "Templates" dropdown of this question, select the "Area Calculator" question type
Displaying Extra Information
You have the option to display extra information at the top of the screen when the Area Calculator app is opened. These options can be added as Extra values in the formbuilder. Below are the key/value pairs that have to be filled out in order to display your information.
- case_name: This key represents some identifying information, such as the name of the individual whose area is being surveyed. In the screenshot this is "Saumya Jain"
- case_label: A label for the case_name property. In the screenshot this is "Name: "
- plot_type: This key represents some identifying information about the area, such as the type of crop being farmed. In the screenshot this is "Wheat"
- plot_label: A label for the plot_type property. In the screenshot this is "Crop: "
In order to capture an image of the map and the polygon around the surveyed area, follow the steps below.
- Add an extra to the Area Calculator question with key: image and value: 'true'
- Add an image capture question to the form
- Add a key/value pair to the Response section of the Area Calculator question, with key: image and value: drag and drop the image capture question
The image of the map and polygon will now be saved to the image capture question when the form is submitted.