To import new cases from Excel, first you need to setup your Excel file.
- Create a column for each piece of case data that you want to import (ex. name, village, house, etc.)
- Each row is one new case that you're importing
- Setup the unique IDs for your cases
- If you have an unique ID that you'd like to use from another system (ex. a unique household number), add that as a column as well.
- If you don't have a unique ID from another system, add a column titled "case_id" to your document. This column should contain no information.
- Provide the username (or name of the group if your application uses case sharing) in another column called owner_name.
The format for dates should look like: YYYY-MM-DD. You can find this format for dates by going to Format Cells and choosing the Locale English (United Kingdom).
Two example tables are shown below (one with or without a unique ID).
Existing Unique ID (household number)
No Existing Unique ID:
*it is best practice to include an empty "case_id" column as the FIRST column in your spreadsheet.