CommCareHQ Web Users are managed on the Users tab
Add/invite a new web user
- You can add another user by clicking the “+ Web User” link. Only admin users, or those with the ability to edit web users, have the ability to invite other web users to the project and configure the permissions of other Web users
- Enter the email address of the user you want to invite
- Assign the permissions for this web user using the Role drop-down. By default, the new web user has Admin access to the project space, meaning they have access to everything in the project space. Choose a different role to restrict access to certain features. You can also create your own roles and edit default roles if the project is on a Standard software plan or higher. See below for more information on how to do this.
- Click on 'Send Invite'.
The person you invite will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will have up to 30 days to accept the invitation before it expires. As the person inviting the new user, you will also receive a copy of this email.
If the invitation expires, or if you need to resend the invitation email, you can do this form the Web User page under Pending Invitations.
Available Default Roles
Edit Web Users:
Edit Mobile Workers:
View all Reports:
Features that all web users have access to:
Use the following worksheet to help your organization determine which permissions you would like to assign for web users: CommCareHQ Web User Permission Worksheet
Accept an Invitation
- Please use Chrome or Firefox as your default browser when you open CommCareHQ. For more information please see Internet Browsers for CommCareHQ.
- Log out of any accounts on CommCareHQ that are already logged in.
- You may only login with the email address to which you received the invitation.
- Once you are logged in you can update your email address by clicking on your name -> My Account Settings -> My Information -> Update your email address
- In your inbox, you should receive an email that says “Invitation from [Name] to join CommCareHQ.”
- To accept the invitation, please click on the provided link in the message. You may also copy and paste the given url into your browser.
- Upon clicking on the link, you will be directed to the CommCareHQ website for your project.
- You will be prompted to set up an account on CommCareHQ.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address (which you will use to log in), password and agree to the terms of service. Click on the ‘Create Account’ button before proceeding.
- A success message will appear in a green bar to confirm that your user account has been created. Now you can login with your email address.
To open the CommCareHQ project in the future, you need not go back to the invitation email. The link provided in the invitation email is only valid once. You can go back to your project by logging into www.commcarehq.org. If you have more than one project, you can choose which project using the dropdown in the upper right corner.
If your invitation has expired, please request to be invited again.
Configure Web User Roles
This feature requires a CommCare Software Plan
This feature (Advanced Role-Based Access to CommCareHQ) will only be available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. The default roles, however, will be available to everyone. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
You can create custom project roles and give these roles the desired permissions for accessing parts of your project space. To do this, scroll down on the web user setting page, to the section called Roles.
- Click on Add Role. You will see a window open like the one below.
- You can give the new role a name to help you remember its purpose.
- Check off the permissions you want to give to them. So for example, you may want to give your Technical Advisor the ability to edit apps and edit data, as well as view reports. You can also choose a specific subset of reports
- Click Save.
- Click on any web user or invite a new web user.
- In dropdown menu for Role, select new Project Role with permissions you just approved.
- Click Save.
You can also modify the default or previously created roles by clicking on Edit Role. Note that you cannot modify the Admin role:
Web User Permissions
Each permission that can you can configure for a role grants the following access:
- Allow Role to Edit Web Users: These users can invite web users (but they cannot create or edit roles)
- Allow Role to Edit Mobile Workers: These users can create or edit mobile workers, and change the organization structure (if setup for the project is using organizations)
- Allow Role to Edit Locations: If your project space is on a software plan that allows you to use Locations, enabling this permission will allow the Web user to create/edit them
- Allow Role to Edit Data: These users can archive forms, reassign cases, edit form submissions or import cases from Excel
- Allow Role to Edit Applications: These users can create and edit applications and configure the organization levels for the project
- Allow Role to Edit Subscription Info: Enabling this permission will allow the Web User to make edits to subscription info
- Allow Role To Access Data From All Locations: This permission allows the Web User filter reports and view data for all Locations. Otherwise, they will only be able to do so for locations they are assigned and any child locations under them.
- Allow Role to View Reports: This permission allows users to view all or specific reports (as selected)
- Allow Role to Report Issues: These users can report issues directly from CommCareHQ
- Allow non-admins to assign role to other users: This permission allows the user to assign non-admin roles to other Web Users (provided those users are not already Admins) and to invite Web Users as non-admins to the project space
Removing a Web User
To remove a web user, click on "Remove Membership"
You cannot remove your own web user account from a project space. You will have to ask another admin to remove your membership from the project space. If you are the only admin on the project space, you can reach out to email@example.com / report an issue and we will remove your account from the project space.
Note: Deleting a web user will not affect the application or application architecture. It may, however, affect the following:
- Scheduled reports: If there are any scheduled reports created by this person that is being sent to others, these may stop.
- If the web user had submitted forms, you cannot filter the submit history report to find the removed web user's form submissions
- Cases they own (if they created any cases through Web Apps or App Preview) will be owned by an ID string, not an actual user.