Set Up Mobile Phone for Feature/Java/J2ME/Nokia-style
Feature Phone Basics
Basic Setup (Java Phones)
You can use the generic 20-step guide as a "checklist."
- You can typically test your application in "Demo" mode on the phone. However, to properly use the application, you'll need to create a mobile worker using CommCareHQ.
Create a CommCare User
- Get the CommCare application on your phone.
Computer to phone installation. This involves copying the files from your computer to the phone's SD card.
- Set the application permissions on your phone:
Nokia Phone Permissions
- Setup the data connection on your phone.
Enable GPRS on the Phone
- If you're not using demo mode, you'll need to setup a mobile worker for the phone. This is referred to as restoring the user.
Restore CommCare User Data After Installation
- How to Update CommCare Application Content. Once you've already deployed your application, this will guide making future updates.
- Understand the files necessary for CommCare (Java Phones)
- Phone to Phone installation for Java Phones. This is useful if you're in the field and have access to another phone with the application installed.
- India Specific: Activate DND and Subscribe to receive SMS messages from CommCareHQ