This feature requires a CommCare Software Plan
This feature (Messaging) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
- Getting Started with Messaging
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Messaging Vocabulary
- SMS Basics
- Gateway Options for SMS Projects
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Messaging Beginner Tutorial: This builds a basic application that sends reminder messages to pregnant women and health workers
- SMS Survey Tutorial: This adds to the beginner tutorial and sets up a two-way SMS survey to each pregnant woman
- Keywords Tutorial: This allows you to setup a basic data collection system using SMS keywords
Register contacts for use in the system. There are a number of options for doing this:
- Setup a Mobile Worker
- Register a Case Using an App (or an SMS survey filled out a mobile worker)
- Allow Contacts to Self Register (they can send an SMS to register themselves)
- Bulk Import Cases Using Excel
- Bulk Verification of Mobile Users
- Setup an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
- Setup Broadcast Messaging: CommCare Messaging supports sending out timed messages or SMS surveys to groups of users (mobile workers or cases).
- Setup Reminders: This page describes how to setup single and multi-event reminders based using case properties.
- Setup Multiple Languages: This page describes how to support multiple languages and translate built-in text.
Data and Reports
Messaging provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project data.
- CommCare Messaging Reports: Information on reports available on CommCare HQ
- CommCare Messaging Exports: Information on exporting your messaging data outside of CommCare.
SMS Testing and Troubleshooting