If the CommCare mobile application login expires within 24hrs, how can users login again if they are offline?
As long as you login the first time to the mobile device with internet access, logins in the future will not require internet.
How do I get help?
Can CommCare connect or integrate to other systems like Salesforce?
What is a one line description of CommCare?
CommCare is an innovative use of mobile phones to strengthen processes of frontline workers, such as community health workers.
Can I setup my own CommCare server? What are the costs?
Yes, you can setup your own server: information here. However we do not recommend this for organizations or persons without significant technical resources, like a software engineer with Python programming experience. The CommCare server is a complex software solution and requires expertise to ensure security and smooth operation. There is no cost to setup your own server, however it is likely that the overall costs incurred from engaging a software engineer plus the cost of setting up a secure data center will far exceed the cost of our cloud-hosted solution.
What are the GPS / GIS options for CommCare?
Is there a limit to the number of surveys I can submit?
How can we arrange our application so forms are flagged for review by our staff?
This is a "referral" workflow - cases are getting escalated to someone on your staff to review. We outlined some of the options for doing this here.
How does 2-way SMS work?
What are the user limits? Also what is a "user"?
Can multiple projects use the same license, assuming they can see each others data?
Does Dimagi offer services in addition to the included support? How much does it cost?
We have implementation services offered here. These are onsite services and need to be scheduled in advance. We also offer onboarding services. These are remote services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for more information.
How can I assign mobile workers and web users to each group so that they can’t access the other side’s data? E.g. the third party evaluation firm can export evaluation data but not project monitoring data.
Here are instructions for Location-Based Data Access and User Editing Restrictions.
What are the benefits of CommCare?
- CommCare provides tools for Frontline Workers (FLWs) to more effectively communicate with their clients.
- CommCare helps FLWs remember to mention every important point during their sessions with clients.
- CommCare increases the authority and credibility of FLWs.
- CommCare collects data in real time about FLWs activities to help with monitoring and program improvement.
Do you offer application templates?
We have an Application Exchange here which has applications that other users have submitted. You can browse applications available and copy them.
How do you use CommCare in an area with no cell phone reception?
- Continue to use your phone as you would normally, your phone will save completed forms until you reach a data connection. If you never have data connection you can connect your phone to a computer and transfer the collected files (via a USB cable or an microSD card) to a computer directly.
What kind of phone can deploy CommCare?
- CommCare can be deployed on a Android or Java Enabled device.
- You can find out more here: Recommended Devices.
How does Dimagi address Community Health Workers with low levels of education and/or tech literacy?
- Dimagi designs for end users of diverse education levels. Some of the features built to make our tools more user friendly include: multimedia (which can be designed for a local context or in a local language), simple question types (to avoid having to type out answers), and using icons (to help users navigate between forms and modules).
- You can find out more here: CommCare for Low-Literate Users.
Does CommCare only work in health use cases?
- No. CommCare is a platform that can be customized to the needs of your projects. CommCare has also be used to support projects in education, agriculture, water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), economic opportunity, and supply chain management.
How does Dimagi tackle the question of data security?
- Privacy – The CommCareHQ server is HIPAA compliant and all transmitted data is encrypted.
- Security – Access to all data stored on the server and phones requires secure authentication.
- Data integrity – Raw data currently cannot be altered once submitted and has its date of creation recorded. Any changes to a record can be tracked and audited over time.
- Data tracking & logging – All submissions can be traced to a specific user in addition to time and date of entry into the phone and submission to the server, helping with data auditing and avoiding double counting. This also helps with verifying the actual events on the ground.
- Data checks at point of entry – Regular data entry mistakes are minimized at the point of entry using various data quality checks.
How big is an average CommCare form?
- It can vary quite a bit, but on average 7kb per form is a reasonable estimate. If you are using additional features like case sharing or fixtures, you should add some extra data capacity to your estimates.
How can I display multiple questions per screen?
- Here are specific instructions on how to display multiple questions per screen using a Question List.