CommCare Mobile (2.40)
Quarantined Forms will now show the error message from HQ that describes why the form was rejected
Bug Fix: Show a better error message when the distance function receives illegal arguments
Bug Fix: Show a better error message to the user when a choice in a select question has invalid XML
Report Builder v2 has been released. This is available to all Pro projects and other projects can preview and try it out (but won’t be able to save their reports)
The Manage Case button has been re-added to the form builder
Billing Invoices now lookup much better
All standard plans should now be grandfathered in to have Login As functionality
Deleted versions of an application can no longer be installed by using the code
Advanced Location Syncing Options - You can configure the location syncing to only sync down specific location types
Web Apps: Updated to match CommCare 2.39
CommCare Mobile (2.41)
- No longer need to install a barcode scanner to install apps with a barcode
- The error message shown with cyclical logic has been improved to show the smallest cyclical chain
- CommCare will try to submit any pending device log reports after every successful form submission process, in order to ensure that we are sending these more frequently and at a time when the device is most likely to have good connectivity.
- Now, when form entry is interrupted by the automatic user session expiration, the user will be entered directly back into that form when they log back in, rather than having to figure out what happened and navigate to re-opening the saved form themselves.
- If you create a report builder report using a form or case with over 10 questions or case properties, the initial configuration screen will only show 10 columns (but you can add more).
- In Web Apps, incomplete forms will now be removed automatically after 7 days.
- The case history option is no longer available for case exports.
- Users can now do an “exact search” for locations in a locations filter, where a quoted location will return the location specifically, not all hierarchies associated with that location. You can see more here: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Exact+Search+for+Locations
- By default only 50 lines of any result are shown (5 lines in the "previous queries" pane), along with a link you can click to copy the remaining results to the clipboard. Example.
Improvements to Live Preview Data Preview debugger output:
Removes the interior scroll pane (since the output is now self-limiting) of the results window, so there's no more nested scroll box
Allows users to debug how a particular expression is evaluated - this can help to understand performance cost of a given expression
Invalid XML (`&`, `<`, `>`, `"`, `'`) in IDs for properties formatted using ID mapping on case list/detail are no longer allowed.
New field on forms is 'modified_on' date. This is displayed in the form metadata table and is also available in API output and filtering. (It's useful when a form has been edited).
If a daily saved export / Excel dashboard relied on a filter for which the user / group / location was deleted, it would stop working. This changes the behaviour so that we remove that part of the filter from the daily saved export / excel dashboard.
A bug that showed Users in export filters as 'Deleted Users' even when they are not deleted was fixed.
- A bug was fixed in lookup tables: if you uploaded a lookup table with one column and it had a 0 in it, the upload would stop from that point onward.