If you encounter a bug or problem you can't fix, here are the places you turn for help:
First check to see if there is information on the Status Page, the help site or the Community Forum that can help you solve the problem.
If you are unable to find an answer on the help site and are on a paid plan, please submit a bug report by navigating to your project on CommCareHQ and using the "Report an Issue" option found by clicking the question mark in the top right corner of any page. Alternatively, you can also submit a bug report from our Support Portal (for more information on support offered to paid plans, please see our Support SLAs here)
- If your issue is specific to a page on CommCareHQ, please try to report the issue from that page. This will provide us a direct link to the location where you are experiencing the issue so that we can better assist you. If you are reporting the issue from our Support Portal, please add a link to your project space or the location where you are experiencing the issue. This link can be found in the browser URL.
If you have a service contract with Dimagi, please contact your designated Dimagi representative.
If he or she is not available and the issue is urgent, please send a bug report to Dimagi by navigating to your project on CommCareHQ and using the "Report an Issue" option under the question mark on the top right of any page. Doing so will provide us links to your project space so that we can assist more quickly. Alternatively, you can also submit a bug report from our Support Portal
Using "Report an Issue" or the Support Portal
You can reach out to us using either of the above mentioned channels.
- To report an issue from CommCare HQ, proceed to your project space at https://www.commcarehq.org/a/<domain>, click on the question mark in the top right corner, and choose "Report an Issue".
- If your issue is related to CommCareHQ (as opposed to CommCare - the mobile application), please perform this step on the page where you are experiencing the issue.
- Upon clicking the “Report an Issue” button, a new window will appear with several fields. Please use the following information as a guide about what should go in these fields.
- If reporting the issue from our Support Portal, do ensure to include the link to your project space in the report. You can use the information below as a guide to provide us with as much information as possible.
1) Short description:
2) Full Description:
3) Other Recipients (Optional):
4) Upload File:
After you click on "submit" you will get an email with ticket number. If you want to add any additional detail, reply to that email without changing the subject line.
Submitting Bugs via Email
If you do not have access to CommCareHQ, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org using the same template as the one above.
Examples of Good Bug Reports
Examples of bug reports can be seen here: Examples of Good Bug Reports