This page contains background and general resources about CommCare and the CommCare Help Site.
CommCare Resources and Background
CommCare Evidence Base: Learn about the growing body of evidence about how CommCare can be an effective tool in your project
CommCare Term Glossary: This page lists useful terminology and describes concepts which are helpful in understanding CommCare and the instructions in the following pages.
CommCare Videos: Partner-produced videos and Dimagi-generated tutorials
CommCare Plans: Details about the different components of CommCare Plans
CommCare Pricing FAQs: Frequently Asked Quetions about CommCare's new pricing model.
Dimagi is the company behind CommCare- visit our website for more information
mHealth Community: General resources for mobile health projects related to health
Open Source Software refers to software that is made freely available and can be modified or redistributed. All of Dimagi's software (including CommCare) is open source.
CommCare Feature Discoverability is a page that hosts information about features they might have and are not using, or discover significant features they could be using.
About the CommCare Help Site
We do our best to keep the help site up-to-date but our technology is developing fast! If you have a comment or question about a specific page on the help site, we recommend leaving a comment on that page. We will be notified and follow up with your question; however it is important that you leave a comment while logged in so that you will be notified when we reply.
You can also export any page on the help site as a pdf document; after logging in select the "export" option under "tools."
If you have a question about using CommCare that is not addressed on the help site, don't hesitate to contact the CommCare Users Group.
If you are a developer and have a technical question, please contact the CommCare Developers Group
Most viewed content over previous day
Most view content over previous 4 weeks
Recently updated content
- Integrating your CommCare app with SimprintsAhmad Vazirna (about 8 hours ago)
- Using Repeat Groups in the Form BuilderPaulo Nunes (yesterday at 2:03 PM)
- Submission APIDev Patel (yesterday at 2:33 AM)
- CommCare for Universities & Research TeamsGabriella Stoudemire (May 16, 2022)
- Automatically Update CasesShu Lu (May 12, 2022)
- Metadata GlossaryAli Flaming (May 11, 2022)
- CommCare Early Access ProgramDev More (May 10, 2022)
- Advanced CommCare Android FormattingKanwalpreet Kaur (May 05, 2022)
- Create and Manage CommCare Mobile WorkersDev Patel (May 03, 2022)
- The CommCare EcosystemDev More (Apr 29, 2022)
- Data and Analytics EcosystemDev More (Apr 29, 2022)
- App Email and Phone Number Input GuidanceJason Howell (Apr 27, 2022)
- Integrating Android applications with CommCareClayton Sims (Apr 25, 2022)
- Supported content
- Notable constraints
- Linked and local apps in the same project space
- Project Planning and ImplementationCorlia Harmsen (Apr 21, 2022)
- Run a CommCare ExportLivhuwani Mongwe (Apr 20, 2022)
- CommCareHQ Web UsersDev Patel (Apr 20, 2022)
- Push content from the upstream project spaceDev More (Apr 14, 2022)