This page contains background and general resources about CommCare and the CommCare Help Site.
CommCare Resources and Background
CommCare Evidence Base: Learn about the growing body of evidence about how CommCare can be an effective tool in your project
CommCare Term Glossary: This page lists useful terminology and describes concepts which are helpful in understanding CommCare and the instructions in the following pages.
CommCare Videos: Partner-produced videos and Dimagi-generated tutorials
CommCare Plans: Details about the different components of CommCare Plans
CommCare Pricing FAQs: Frequently Asked Quetions about CommCare's new pricing model.
Dimagi is the company behind CommCare- visit our website for more information
mHealth Community: General resources for mobile health projects related to health
Open Source Software refers to software that is made freely available and can be modified or redistributed. All of Dimagi's software (including CommCare) is open source.
About the CommCare Help Site
We do our best to keep the help site up-to-date but our technology is developing fast! If you have a comment or question about a specific page on the help site, we recommend leaving a comment on that page. We will be notified and follow up with your question; however it is important that you leave a comment while logged in so that you will be notified when we reply.
You can also export any page on the help site as a pdf document; after logging in select the "export" option under "tools."
If you have a question about using CommCare that is not addressed on the help site, don't hesitate to contact the CommCare Users Group.
If you are a developer and have a technical question, please contact the CommCare Developers Group
Most viewed content over previous day
Most view content over previous 4 weeks
Recently updated content
- Getting Started with MessagingErin Quinn (about 3 hours ago)
- Data for COVID-19 Template AppsAli Flaming (yesterday at 6:14 PM)
- Template Power BI Dashboard for the WHO FFX AppAli Flaming (yesterday at 6:07 PM)
- Template Excel Dashboard for the WHO FFX appAli Flaming (yesterday at 6:02 PM)
- CommCare for COVID-19Gillian Javetski (yesterday at 12:43 PM)
- CommCare Change Log [Updated Bi-weekly]Marshall Daly (Apr 08, 2020)
- Dimagi AcademyKrishna Swamy (Apr 08, 2020)
- CommCare Form Submission Rate LimitingMarshall Daly (Apr 07, 2020)
- Project Space SettingsDev Patel (Apr 07, 2020)
- Getting Started: COVID-19 Template AppsGillian Javetski (Apr 05, 2020)
- COVID-19 Template App: WHO FFX ProtocolAli Flaming (Apr 03, 2020)
- Media Capture Questions in CommCareClayton Sims (Mar 29, 2020)
- The CommCare EcosystemAndrea King (Mar 25, 2020)
- Archive FormsBen Talbot (Mar 19, 2020)
- Custom User DataBen Talbot (Mar 19, 2020)
- CommCare Exchange - Starter AppsClayton Sims (Mar 19, 2020)
- CommCare Exchange - Applications published by other organizationsKai Cowger (Mar 16, 2020)
- Create and Manage CommCare Mobile WorkersJenny Schweers (Mar 11, 2020)
- Using Repeat Groups in the Form BuilderDev Patel (Mar 11, 2020)
- CommCare Data Export ToolCory Zue (Mar 10, 2020)