In Part 1 of CommCare App Builder Certification, we're going to review some of the core concepts of CommCare and get started with application building.
If you have worked with CommCare a lot, some of these sections may be unfamiliar; however, we have made a lot of changes to the CommCare user interface recently, so it is always good to go through the Beginner's Tutorial again as a refresher.
You will find links below to parts of the CommCare Help Site. All of the materials have been recently updated and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Topic 1: CommCare Fundamentals
Exercise 1: Review CommCare Fundamentals
- What is CommCare?
- The structure of a CommCare application
- General principles of data in CommCare, including what types are generated and how data moves
- Case management
- The difference between mobile and web users
- Exercise 1
Topic 2: Building Forms
Exerercise 1: Complete the Beginner Tutorial
- Setting up a new Project Space
- Changing form, module, and application names
- Creating a new form
- Adding, deleting, and changing the order of questions in a form
- Adding Question IDs and Display Text to a question
- Adding a display condition using the Expression Builder
- Adding a validation condition using the Expression Builder
- Testing forms in CloudCare
- Making a new version of your application
- Testing a form in CommCare
- Exercise 2
Exercise 2: Complete the Hidden Value Calculations Tutorial
- The possible uses of Hidden values
- How to use the Advanced Expression Editor Box
- How to do basic calculations in a Hidden Value
- How to write "if" statements
- How to display the output from a calculation
- Exercise 3
Additional Reading and Reference